Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers


Are you into Sci fi?
I'm just now getting in to it as an older adult. My husband turned me on to a few titles within the past 25 years but lately I've been finding my own titles.
The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers is my newest find and I'm loving it.

What we seem to have here is a book that is populated by many different species interacting. But it's not the species that are interesting. It's the interactions.

I'm only about a third of the way into the story, though I can see a major journey coming up for a crew of eight? sentient beings on a ship called the Wayfarer. Some background has been setting me up to appreciate the normalcy of these various races working together, yet I find myself wanting to know more more more about how things got to be the way they are; from the few summaries I have read about this book, I know I'm going to get my wish. Seems the journey they are embarking on will fill my need for character development. So far it feels a bit like Firefly...  🙂

SO looking forward to reading more!
Be back soon with more.



No comments:

Post a Comment